Friday, October 7, 2011

Found Fridays #1

I've decided to create a new section to my blog called, "Found Fridays". I will take things I've found outside and write poems about them. Maybe even a short story or two. I found this name plate in a copy of Frances Bacon's essays at our bookstore. Here is the poem I wrote it's called,


Anna Cecille


I found you Anna

inside of a book.


Did you know you were lost?

Perhaps you left on purpose.


I found you Cecille

With glue on your back.


Did it bother you?

Perhaps you like being sticky.


I found you Moorman

On Mr. Bacon's essays.


Did you read them?

Perhaps he wasn't to your taste.


I found you Ann Cecille Moorman

Your embossed letters seemed important.


Did you ever feel important?

Perhaps you will now.

No comments:

Post a Comment